I Don't Know What I'm Doing Here...

I feel like I shouldn't be here. I'm sure I should be at work. Doing very important work-based things. Because I am a very important business person.

*snort*

I knew I couldn't keep up that charade for long. But still, I feel like I shouldn't be here. I'm on a plane. Leaving from Chicago and heading to places I never thought I'd go. Yeah, in a few hours I'll be in Cannes, France.

The How?? and Why?? is going to stay mostly unsaid. It's a long story and one I don't really need to be blogging about (don't worry, it's not illegal). But it's the journey and it's the adventure. That's the important part of the story. And the food...always the food. That's always the best part of the story.

I wasn't supposed to go back to France so soon. This time though, I don't have an interpreter leading the way. I can't fake speaking French. But this time, it's a part of a group thing. Hopefully my inability to speak a foreign language won't be a massive hinderance. Hopefully.

And my partner in crime (it's not illegal!!) sitting next to me...Mom. I told her a few years ago that she needed to get a passport. I think about now she's feeling pretty good about spending that money. This is now three different countries she'll have been to since getting that passport (four if you count our layover in Heathrow). All trips have been because of me. And next...well, there's that Iceland trip we're kind of dying to go on...

We have many adventures planned in France. There are the daily sights (including walking tours and boat tours and hopefully that wine visit). And hopefully plenty of shopping. And lord knows we're going to eat and drink like freaks. If we learned anything from the Ireland trip...we are going to eat and drink like freaks. Ok, so I might be the only one really drinking. But still. France. Wine. I'm going to need some serious detox when I get home.

Word on the street is the hotel we're staying at charges each guest's first born child as payment for WiFi. Considering I'm the first born child of my Plus One, I'm going to assume WiFi isn't going to be happening at the hotel much. Then again, Mom might not like being away from her Kindle's ability to connect. I'm going to keep my eyes on her. I would not work well as a servant. I've seen Downton Abbey. I know what goes on Downstairs!!

But I digress...WiFi might not be too plentiful over the next week. While I'm sure I'll get really twitchy after a few hours of not being plugged in, I'm guessing this might be the best thing I could do. It's been a heck of a time at work. And unplugging is probably the answer to my prayers. I'll update the blog when I can.

I still don't know what I'm doing here. But it's going to be a great week!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nun Cookies of Madrid

Antiques and Amusements - A Canadian Wonderland: Day 4

The Crocodile Incident on a Nighttime Safari