Slothing Like I've Never Slothed Before...

I'm on Day...Whatever...of my 10 day "Bed Rest" for my foot. When I started this process I thought it wouldn't be too bad. My DVR had plenty of stuff on it. I have some BluRays that haven't been viewed yet. No problem. Then again, there's only so much TV that can be watched. And I've watched it all.

I've always been a champion slother. I can sit on the couch and watch the world go by without batting an eye (I didn't mean to rhyme. Seriously). My ability to sloth has been the gateway activity to full-on hermit status. I'm not quite at the "Hermit's United" point, but I could get there if I really tried. Something tells me that I won't be trying so hard in the future.

Reason #1

I see every flaw of my condo. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my condo. But the chipping ceiling?? If I scrape the ceiling, I'm going to have to repaint everything. The mis-matched drapes?? Same thing. I could get new drapes, but then I have to reposition the curtain rods that fell down. I'd have to patch the holes in the wall, then find a whole new color to paint the living room (learned that lesson on the kitchen...paint colors 5+ years old don't match the swatches anymore). If I find a whole new color to paint the living room, I need to paint the dining room, then the hallway. It's a matched set. And don't even get me started about the HGTV viewing. I can watch HGTV for hours. The problem is that I now have it in my mind that I need to call someone to renovate my kitchen. I don't think that's an option at this time...

Reason #2

I've seen 4 people in the last week.

Mom
Dad
Elias
Doctor

My social skills are already atrophied. I really don't need them to go away completely.

Reason #3

I just hit Lifetime for Weight Watchers. Then I have my foot worked on. And I've eaten...not great. I would normally go back to work on Monday knowing I'd be walking three miles each day. Nope. That's not happening for a while.

Reason #4

It's been prettier outside this week than it's been in a long while. Sigh...

Reason #5

Holy crap with the online shopping. When I'm bored, I start looking for things online. I haven't really spent a ton of money. But I haven't spent nothing during this time...

I'm back to work on Monday. I'm definitely looking forward to going, but I dread the actual getting there. And getting around. I'm sure it won't be too bad...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nun Cookies of Madrid

Antiques and Amusements - A Canadian Wonderland: Day 4

The Crocodile Incident on a Nighttime Safari