Brunch at Grand Floridian - A Disney Christmas Day 4.0

December 7th, 2014

We were going home today.  Doing long weekends at Disney is a double edged sword.  It's great because you aren't spending as much money as you would if you were spending a week or more at the park.  It's bad, because you never have enough time to do everything you want to do.  So instead of trying to cram one last half day in the park, we had Brunch.

I had looked a little bit at Brunch options on this trip, but the decision to go was made solely by Scott.  My only request...I wanted a Mimosa.

Scott found a place that fit the bill.  The Grand Floridian Cafe.  So we would get Mimosas...I mean, Brunch...we would get Brunch.  It's not all about Mimosas.

We took the same route as the previous night.  Bus to Magic Kingdom.  Monorail to the Grand Floridian.  But this time, we had a set timeline.  Disney's Magical Express was picking us up at our hotel at 1215p.  So we had to start heading back around 11a.

We had the Monorail all to ourselves!!
Turns out we didn't have to worry about timing too much.  We made it to the Grand Floridian with a nice amount of time to spare.  Enough time we could really look at the hotel.  And to really wish we could stay here one day.


Now I may have mentioned this earlier, but I was slightly disappointed with the Christmas decorations in the parks.  The parks were nicely decorated, of course.  Disney knows what they're doing.  But I expected...more, I guess??  The decorations just seemed to blend into the background.  And maybe that's the sign of good decorations.  They're not as noticeable to the park-goers.  Grand Floridian was not the case.  In fact, this was the one place we visited during our trip that really gave me a sense of the holiday.


But back to Brunch...

The Grand Floridian Cafe was a cute little area, tucked back in the hotel.  I'm really glad we had reservations because when we checked in, there were many people without.  And they were going to be waiting a while.  As we waited, we saw a wedding party come through.  So a 10a Sunday wedding isn't against the rules at Disney.

Our server was a very jolly guy from San Francisco.  He did the whole "Urm, I don't know if you're old enough for a Mimosa" kind of schtick.  The first time, ok...he's trying to be cute.  The second time, well...there shouldn't be a second time.  He pushed the bit a little more than necessary.  I actually ended up with a Grand Mimosa, which included Grand Marnier.  In retrospect, I should have gone with the regular Mimosa.  The Grand Mimosa was lovely, but I didn't like the ice.  Or the glass.  If I'm going to have a Mimosa, I want it in a champagne flute and not with a straw.  Because I am a Classy Lady.

Scott knew before he arrived he would be getting the Vanilla Laced French Toast, which...I would have totally loved too.  I wavered between the Smoked Salmon (I've been in a smoked salmon mood lately) and the Eggs Benedict.  Because I was going with the "traditional" Brunch drink, I figured I should go with the "traditional" Brunch meal.  I regret nothing.  It also included asparagus (meh) and a baked tomato.  I kind of want to bake a tomato now.

I ate (and drank) it all.  Except for the asparagus.  That crap can stay on the plate.
After brunch, we stopped at the Gingerbread House.  This structure is a big hairy deal at the Grand Floridian.  It's a gingerbread house from where they sell gingerbread.  Scott made fun of me many times as we were in line for the gingerbread.  I've been in a very gingerbread mood in the last few weeks.  Apparently, this is the only bit of "Holiday Spirit" I'm going to have.  I picked up a handful of gingerbread men for the road and we made our way back to the hotel.

Gingerbread was sold out of the opposite side of the house.
And with that, our trip was over.  I mean, we took the Magical Express home, but that was more of a sad occasion.  Going home.  Boo.  I'd rather end this on a happy note...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nun Cookies of Madrid

Antiques and Amusements - A Canadian Wonderland: Day 4

The Crocodile Incident on a Nighttime Safari