A Constant State of Planning

I'm not exactly sure when it happened.  There was always a trip or so in the works.  If I didn't have something to look forward to, I felt empty.  There was no goal.  It was just the same old thing...day after day.  Get up, commute, work, commute, then couch it until it's time for bed.  Repeat over and over and over again.  Ahhh...Suburban Living...


Ultimately, I blame Facebook.  Well, Adele, then Facebook.  Adele took a trip to Dubai and blogged about it.  When she came back, I mentioned that I kept up with her journey and loved seeing her daily adventures.  She friended me on Facebook (back in the early FB days...for me at least) and little did either of us know what was going to happen.


It was the 2008 Election Season.  A joke on Election Day turned into the first adventure, "Hey, maybe we should go to the Inauguration.  Hahahahaha!!"  Done.  Then it was the thought, "Maybe we should go to the beach one of these days."  Done.  Next came Orlando/West Palm Beach.  Then we had the Southeast Road Trip.  We just traveled well together.  There was no stress, no arguments.  The two of us rolled with whatever came our way.  We also quickly realized if a travel thought was verbalized, it was VERY likely to happen.  And travel thoughts were verbalized often.


Adele wasn't the only one involved in the travel frenzy over the last two years.  Trips included: Orlando with Scott, Lake Geneva with Elias and Mom, Outer Banks with Scott, Moscow with Michelle, Orlando with Elias, San Francisco to visit Sarah, Seattle with Jodi, Bahamas with Mom.  Man...to see it  in a list like that...and I still think I'm missing a trip here or there.


And now...it's the beginning of 2011.  Three trips are in various stages of planning...for the first HALF of the year.  Two trips are slated for 2012.  And a promise has been made for a trip in 2014.  This can only mean one thing...I'm in a constant state of planning.  And that couldn't be a better feeling.



Comments

  1. I'm not sure whether I should be feel proud or guilty/ashamed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nun Cookies of Madrid

Antiques and Amusements - A Canadian Wonderland: Day 4

The Crocodile Incident on a Nighttime Safari