This is the Week

I don't know how this week is going to go, but I am well aware it's going to be a very important one.

Work Stuff

It's Upfront Week. The week where all of the Broadcast Networks trot out their new schedules. This is possibly my favorite time of the work year. Each Network has a presentation with food, drinks and entertainment. And I get to start mentally scheduling my DVR for the Fall. Unfortunately, due to the rest of the week, I won't be able to enjoy the Upfronts as much as I normally do.

I have 6 work days to go before I go on a 16 day vacation. There are 5 markets that haven't been worked on yet. Those aren't great numbers. The good news is that at least two Upfronts can be streamed this year. Fantastic!! That's a good 6 hours (2 three hour presentations) where I get to stay at work. Fingers crossed I can stream the presentations on the iPad :)

Vacation Stuff

This is THE week. The last week I have to get ready for South America. I don't know if I'm completely ready. Or if I'll be ever completely ready. I was going to do so much this weekend. And I did. I picked up Space Bags. And a Sleep Sack. And some travel sized items. But there was so much more I was planning to do. So this week, I have to finish the following things...

Call AT&T about International Plans - I don't want to come back to find a $4000 cell phone bill.

Call the Credit Card Company - I don't want to use a card when I'm gone, but I also don't want the company to reject a charge while I'm gone cause they don't realize I'm in South America.

Register with the Embassy - Just in case.

Spray Down the Clothes - The Travel Doc told me not to use a 95% DEET spray to repel the bugs. She explained that this was not good for the nerves. Since we don't want to get malaria, she gave me the name of a cream to put on the exposed skin and a bug spray for the clothes. Which means I need to spray down the clothes.

Figure out the Packing/Suitcase Situation - This is the part that concerns me the most. I think I've come to the realization that it's going to be warmer in South America than I originally thought. So I have the t-shirts/lighter clothing ready. This is good for packing, cause it won't take up as much space. But the overwhelming part is the actual suitcase situation. How much can I fit in my suitcase?? Do I have another carryon I can bring along?? I. Don't. Know. I don't know!! I don't want to buy another bag. But I just don't know what I'm going to do. I would normally just wait until the last possible minute, but I'm already there. This is the last minute. And I have to figure it out.

Random Stuff

To make things even more insane...I may have to go to Jury Duty on Tuesday. Of all times. Seriously. I find out on Monday at 5p if I have to go. I might have a bit of a mental breakdown if I have to go. So that'll be fun. Yeah...

This whole trip has been such a big deal for so long that I can't believe it is finally almost here. All roads have lead to this trip. I just don't want to be so stressed out before hand that it takes me a while to calm down. It's the trip of a lifetime. A Bucket List Trip. I don't want to phone in any part of it. Now if I can only get through this week...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nun Cookies of Madrid

Antiques and Amusements - A Canadian Wonderland: Day 4

The Crocodile Incident on a Nighttime Safari